What are the Best Alkaline Water Filters and Why Should You Care?
February 15, 2019 by Angie Long
Alkaline water is highly popular these days and for many reasons, both health-related and environmental. Their benefits are numerous, according to the people who use alkaline water filters regularly in their homes. Some of those benefits include:
- 20 percent more oxygen in alkaline water than in regular water
- Loaded with antioxidants
- Added minerals that the human body needs and lacks
- Removal of contaminants like lead, chlorine, fluoride, bacteria and more
- Saves money and the environment when you can drink safe water from the faucet instead of store-bought bottles
Here is more information on alkaline water filters and why you should consider using one in your daily life!
Top Alkaline Water Filters
5 of the Most Popular Alkaline Water Filters
There are many different types of alkaline water filters on the market right now, varying in their features, sizes and prices. They even make alkaline shower filters so you don't have to shower in hard water and can get all the benefits of alkaline water as soon as it hits your skin. Here are five filters that get great reviews:
- Invigorated Water PH005 Shower Filter Kit—This water filter fits most shower-head filter cartridges, allowing you to enjoy the benefits of alkaline water directly through your skin. It rids the water of the chlorine smell and does wonders for the hair and skin. You can save money on an Invigorated Water alkaline water filter with coupons from our Invigorated Water section!
- EHM Ultra Premium Alkaline Water Pitcher—Great for those who want to test the benefits of an alkaline water filter before making a commitment to a more expensive filter. Just keep it in your fridge and fill it as needed. It can hold 3.5 liters of water and its six-stage filter removes heavy metals, chlorine and other contaminants while adding calcium and magnesium.
- APEX Countertop Drinking Water Filter - Alkaline—This filter sits on your countertop, ready to remove sediment, chlorine, radon and other contaminants from your drinking water. Additionally, it filters giardia cysts and cryptosporidium to reduce your chance of contracting waterborne illnesses. It easily connects to most faucets so you can access drinking water whenever you want, without having to refill a pitcher all the time.
- Express Water Alkaline Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System—This filter is an affordable alternative to alkalizing machines, making alkaline water with a pH level of 10 or better. It is a five-stage process that adds minerals to the water as it passes through each stage, and is stored under the faucet in your kitchen. There's also an emergency leak stop detector that shuts the water off when it detects unwelcome moisture.
- Aqua Ionizer Deluxe—This water filter offers seven different healthy water options. Four of them are ionized alkaline, one is non-ionized but purified, and two are ionized. It is also self-cleaning. Installation is easy, and some people put it right on their countertops, although it can be stored underneath. Note that this does not work with well water.
The growing popularity of these filters shows that alkaline water is here to stay, and the variety of filters on the market reflect that fact. There's a filter for every budget and for every size home.
Many people who are curious about the benefits of alkaline water start with the more inexpensive pitchers and shower filters, and then upgrade to a larger system when they realize the benefits. While those benefits may vary, the one consistent is the peace of mind that comes with knowing you have safe water in your home.